Sunday, March 1, 2015

Worker Motivation

"As workers become more cogs in a machine, worker motivation wanes, and productivity and quality both suffer"



From an article on CNN Money:

"The way Lyft is making passengers aware is by putting the vehicle's base ID on its picture on the app, per TLC requirements. In practice, the average passenger would not notice.
The TLC is considering revising its rules because the field of black car services has changed so dramatically. The landscape of ride-on-demand apps has become increasingly crowded, with services like Hailo, Sidecar and Gett developing followings. Uber, with its $18.2 billion valuation, is by far the biggest. One driver described his process: "I got a tablet, my phone and my Uber phone...when I have no passengers in my car, I turn on all my applications and whichever one gives me a job first, I take."

One of the biggest issues facing Lyft is securing driver loyalty. Most people that are doing the driving really don't care who they are driving for. As we look at human capital as such an important part of an industry, the company needs to start locking down their good drivers who see themselves as a mercenary for hire.

No comments:

Post a Comment